Create laws for content creators and musicians and songwriters to get paid for there work, a blanket license. Also allow content creators to do direct deals with Fios Internet providers, no Government, just people 2 people.
AT&T Uverse Internet is ultra fast BUT it's not in every area, I think that should be a priority, they have download speeds up to 24Mbps at a affordable price but they require you to have TV service too, I think they should offer internet by itself and make the wonderful service available every where.
1. America's wireless consumers enjoy the broadest range of innovative services and devices, lowest prices, highest usage levels, and most choices in the world. Why disrupt a market that’s working so well?
2. There is fierce competition for wireless and broadband customers. Competition drives innovation and encourages companies to develop products, services and applications... more »
There are rural telephone companies that have no competition because of government protection. This is an old regulation and should be removed. These local independent telecoms do not have to worry about their infrastructure because of the lack of competition. As a result we have outdates lines that loose the connection several times a day due to rain, heat and wind. Now try running DSL in these conditions.... more »
- costs too much,
- would put the nation in even more debt,
- makes no economical sense in most geographies,
- and will take far too long to deploy nationwide.
As such fiber cannot reasonably be considered as the basis for a National Broadband Strategy.
- Limited spectrum... more »
AT&T is installing fiber to new remote CO units that serve rural areas but they are not installing the digital switches to provide DSL. They also cap the dialup at 28.8
I do not know if AT&T is waiting for a grant... more »
In the past year, I've had to have techs come out twice because some other repair person "accidentally" cut access to my house because they couldn't hear a dial tone on the line. The guy who came to repair it this time said that this happened all the time, and that non-DSL techs just don't know what to do.
A friend of mine who has Sonic (another DSL provider) said that AT&T does this... more »
So the National Broadband Plan is to sort of play catch up while the tech leaders climb ahead? 100 meg fiber-optic to every home within 2 years might catch our country up with the leaders. If we ACTUALLY want to LEAD our "PLAN" needs a serious upgrade!